CARDI B, CHLOE X HALLE, DOLLY PARTON, DUA LIPA, JENNIFER LOPEZ, AND JESSIE REYEZ TO BE HONORED AT BILLBOARD’S WOMEN IN MUSIC EVENT
Hosted by Teyana Taylor, Event Streams Live on December 10, 2020
Billboard today announced the first group of female powerhouses who will be honored at its 15th Annual Women in Music Event, including Cardi B, Chloe x Halle, Dolly Parton, Dua Lipa, Jennifer Lopez and Jessie Reyez. Hosted by singer-songwriter Teyana Taylor, the high- profile event is held in conjunction with the release of Billboard’s Women in Music issue and will stream live on December 10 at billboardwomeninmusic.com at 8 pm EST.
Taylor will serve as host of the event for the first time, crowning a year that had the R&B queen collaborating with Kehlani, Elton John and Missy Elliot, as well as releasing The Album this past June.
● Cardi B will be presented with the elite Woman of the Year Award, which is awarded to an act whose music, performances, cultural influence and activism has defined the year.
● Jennifer Lopez is the recipient of this year’s Icon Award, which celebrates an artist whose impact on the music industry and greater artistic community has been immeasurable. She will join a select group of women who previously received this prestigious award, including Alanis Morissette, Cyndi Lauper, Mary J. Blige, Shania Twain and Aretha Franklin.
● Dua Lipa will receive the Powerhouse Award, which recognizes an act whose music dominated streaming, sales, radio and conversation this year.
● Dolly Parton will be honored with the inaugural Hitmaker Award. The award recognizes a songwriter whose compositions have impacted the culture in a crucial way. Parton has been an inspiration for other female songwriters for decades, creating as many chart-topping hits as her male counterparts while also encouraging women to take ownership of their songs.
● The recipients of the 2020 Executive of the Year Award, Brianna Agyemang and Jamila Thomas, are the trailblazers behind the #TheShowMustBePaused movement that quite literally pushed the pause button on the multibillion-dollar music industry in the wake of the murder of George Floyd.
● R&B duo Chloe x Halle will receive the Rising Star Award Presented by Honda, which honors a fast-rising act that's already shaping the culture and promises to grow its influence for years to come. The sisters have quickly made their way in the music industry, growing their talents as songwriters and producers without compromising their creative vision.
● Colombian-Canadian songwriter Jessie Reyez will be honored with the American Express Impact Award, presented to an outspoken artist committed to social change by using their platform to fight for justice. Reyez continues to be vocal about social issues and injustices around the world, raising awareness about various important causes.
The 15th annual Women in Music Event will stream live at billboardwomeninmusic.com starting at 8pm EST. This year’s event will be sponsored by Honda and American Express.
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand, with an unmatched authority among artists, fans and the industry. Billboard powers the ultimate global music destination and magazine, featuring unrivaled reporting on music news, issues and trends, the industry’s definitive charts, encompassing the most complete and well-respected database of charts across all music genres. Billboard also produces elite conferences and events which regularly convene the industry and consumers around important conversations - from the annual Power 100 to Women in Music to Pride Summit and more. Billboard is part of PMRC, a joint venture between PMC and MRC. For more information, please visit www.pmc.com.